It is very helpful to give your companies individual numbers to identify them better. Therefore, you have the number schemes in Q.
You can create or edit the number schemes in Settings / Companies. Here you have to click on the little grey pen in the number scheme field to edit it.
Now it will open a pop-up window, where you can define all the number schemes details.
First of all, you have to determine the number schemes. You can use every number or letter for that. The consecutive number will replace the "#" as a number. For example when you want, that the number looks like K-123, the schemes has to be like K-###.
You can use the following placeholder for the schemes:
- Consecutive number: Inserts a consecutive number, starts with a "1"
- Consecutive number with leading 0s: Inserts a consecutive number like "001"
- Short year: Inserts the year in form of "18"
- Long year: Inserts the year in form of "2018"
- Month: Inserts a month in form of "01" for January
- Calendar week: Inserts the week in form of "01" for the first week
- Day: Inserts the day in form of "01" for the first day
After you set the number schemes, you can choose the counting repeat. You can select between
- and month.
That means when you choose "year" for example, the number starts every year from the beginning.
You can decide, whether you want to regenerate the company numbers or not. When you set the check mark, all the old numbers will be regenerated. If not, just the new companies get the number.
After all, you just have to save it. Now you can use the new number schema.